Sunday, January 11, 2009

Today, Ben and I visited Berkeley with two of my sister's favorite people and one of my favorite people.  We walked around and went for yummy Chinese food with an exceptionally fun lazy susan.
I learned, after almost being fooled into thinking that these were Eucalyptus trees that the trees that line many streets in San Francisco and are feature in this picture of Berkeley are pollarded sycamores.  They are really weird looking, but I think I like them.

I got J to pose with his butt in the football coach's hand, though, I have to say, it's not hard to get this guy to be silly :)

Then, Joelle took us to the Albany Beach Bulb, where we saw a lot of really interesting art at a place that used to just be a landfill.  (Correct me if I'm describing it badly)  I kind of thought the following picture was going to be the highlight of my experience there:

UNTIL I SAW THIS (and many other breathtaking sculptures like it)  WOW!

No comments: