Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This morning, we finished packing, packed up all the ornaments and threw out the Christmas tree, cleaned up from last night's lovely dinner, and stopped by campus to drop off a library book and pick up my sneakers before heading to the airport.  Once at the airport, we found that we didn't actually have seats on our plane, and were quite worried that we'd end up not on our flight, so that was fun.  Also, we got pulled aside to be randomly searched, a process that would have been more fun had a chemical which is probably from my moisturizer had not been detected on my computer.  Our first flight was a bit turbulent, but mostly uneventful, but on our second flight, we were surrounded by screaming babies and the woman sitting next to me told me she had been coughing up blood earlier that day.  I was productive, nonetheless, reading a book and a half in the course of the day.  My sister picked us up at the airport with perfect timing and we arrived at her lovely, though cold, apartment, and hung out with her and her friends for a bit before sleeping.  

Although today was an extremely eventful day with many pictures taken, there was no doubt in my mind what picture should be featured on the blog.  In fact, I find this image so funny that when I tried to describe it to my sister, I couldn't speak because I was laughing so hard.  Here's the story: When I went to grab the shoes I was going to wear today, my Dansko clogs, I found that only one of them was near the door of our apartment, where I had left them.  One of Ben's was there as well, so I asked him if he knew where my shoe was.  He said, "Oh. 
Weird.  When I put mine away, I must have accidently taken one of each of ours."  When I got into our closet to look for my shoe, here is what I saw:

No comments: