Monday, December 22, 2008


Tonight was a 3 vegetable dinner.  For lunch, we each had a pretzel at BJ's while we Christmas shopped rather unsuccessfully, and then we had an afternoon snack of mostly vegetables, so we weren't very hungry and I had bought string beans, butternut squash, and brussel sprouts to cook before we go away (tomorrow).  So here's dinner.  It was actually EXCELLENT.  I cooked the brussel sprouts with butter, onions, toasted hazelnuts and then put a little lemon juice, salt, and pepper on them, and they were amazing.  Butternut squash with butter and brown sugar, and string beans, well, I don't really want to talk about how my string bean plan fell through, but they ended up just with butter and were quite nice.  Unfortunately, Ben doesn't eat brussel sprouts, so I had to eat them all on my own, but they were definitely the highlight.  

No comments: