Sunday, May 24, 2009

This is how I knew I was headed the right way: 
Celebration before the duck races started was a little lame, truthfully, despite the fact that there was a giant duck walking around. Every time it started drizzling, everyone ran and hid under tents. Glad I got there early, though, so I could park and buy a duck for the race.

Looking upstream, towards the waterfall where 3000 or so ducks were FINALLY released.... The rain stopped and it got really hot right before the race started. The thing that kept my attention while I waited was the fact that there were dozens of kids playing on the wet rocks while they waited to unstick stuck ducks. I was certain someone was gonna get hurt, but it seemed to go okay.
The excitement kind of ended once the ducks started passing by. I left before they announced the winner because they were also announcing around 70 raffle prizes and it seemed like good old Duck #494 hadn't ever had a chance.....

When I went to EMS to pick Ben up after his climbing course, I saw something unusual outside. 2 llamas? I almost asked if we could try to fit them in my car because they say you can do things like that in a Fit.... 
Then we went home.... 

No comments: