Monday, May 25, 2009

I would have loved to continue the theme of strange animals (ducks, llamas...), but unfortunately, my camera died this morning just as I tried to take a picture of the wild turkey on the ropes course where I work. It was HUGE and right by my car when I pulled in. I tried to take a picture with my phone, but it kind of just ended up looking like woods. Anyway, I worked a tremendously fun program all day and then got an invitation to go to my friend R's lake house again. So I grabbed Ben, we grabbed some food for grilling, and headed over for a lovely dinner and an even lovelier pedal boat ride. 

And by lovelier, I mean... 
This is a picture of us during our first attempt at pedal boating. We weren't going very far and turning left was not really a possibility. There was some fear we'd end up stuck on the water because we couldn't really control where we were going. 

Then we got back to shore, and realized that when we had tipped the boat to empty out water, we had jammed the rudder under the boat, so it wasn't actually functional at all the first time we went out.... So we went back out again, and it was much more successful! And to prove it, here's R standing on a rock in the middle of the lake:

And here's Ben successfully peddling:

P.S. Notice the jacket? I tricked Ben with this one. He saw it and wanted it at IME, but didn't buy it and said we'd go back and buy it if it was still there on our way out of town, because that would be a sign! But I took fate into my own hands and bought it for him so I could surprise him when we got home. He was pretty bummed when it wasn't there on our way out of town, but pretty psyched when I gave it to him at home!

No comments: