Monday, August 18, 2008

Who knew that I, the person who sincerely didn't care what her bridesmaids were going to wear and still doesn't care whether or not we have champagne at the reception, would be this incredibly particular about stamps.  It started out innocent.  I looked at stamps and fell in love with the Yosemite ones on the left, which just came out on Friday, so I pre-ordered them, and then came just in time to make it onto the response cards.  This morning, I went to the post office to weigh an envelope and pick out a stamp that had the appropriate postage, though I already kind of had my eye on the dragonflies (on the left).  So, at the post office, they weighed the envelope, and I needed $.59, so they immediately took out the (in my opinion) ugly "wedding hearts" stamp.  My mother had mentioned this stamp when I showed her the ones I liked, but had realized that it would be more fitting for us to have Yosemite on our stamps than ugly hearts.  Anyway, I declined the ugly hearts and suggested the dragonflies even though I'd end up spending $.03 more per envelope.  Unfortunately, they only had 17 of those stamps, so I had to go to another post office to get them.  At the next post office, they, of course, once again suggested hearts, but I quickly explained to them that I could afford the $3 extra for stamps I liked.  Then I realized I needed to mail a couple of international envelopes too.  In that process, she suggested many stamps that I really didn't like, two of them being hearts(I don't actually thing that that one's too bad.).  I ended up going with St. John and 2 Yosemites for those... Anyway, this was a lot of text simply trying justify to myself that 3 minutes I spent turning down all of the woman's stamp suggestions for the international ones...  Now that I'm looking again, I really wish she had suggested 13 Mile Woods, the Okefenokee Swamp or Mt. McKinley.  Oh well.  (I tell you, I think I went crazy today.)

No comments: