Thursday, November 13, 2008

triple picture day


I poured laundry detergent directly into my eye today.  I'd rather not even try to explain the stupidity that caused this unfortunate accident.  Something about those detergent dispensers that work like coolers where you just press the button and the liquid comes out, but ours was so close to empty that the liquid wasn't really coming out, and it lives on top of our stacked washer/dryer, so I looked up to try to wiggle it so that it would come out faster... and it did... into my eye...  It was so incredibly painful that I couldn't speak to let Ben know what had happened and I just stood at the sink running water over and over it.... When Ben came in, he told me to just get in the shower so that flushing it out would be easier... and I did.... but it was AWFUL.  By the time this picture was taken, it felt much better... and by the end of the night, It only burned a little bit... But yea. I'm not so smart.After that unfortunate incident came chili making (not pictured here) cookie baking (Can you tell which four cookies are mine?  If you were listening to our vows, maybe you can...) and bread baking (see perfect looking loaf below).  The chili was me, and will be done some time tomorrow.  Cookies and bread were Ben and are AMAZING.  Very domestic night overall, but I'm never doing laundry again.    


1 comment:

Chesley said...

I don't mean to laugh at your pain... Except for the HILARIOUS part of it!! P.S. Come down here and visit and I'll do your laundry for you! Astrid and I miss you. Alternatively-slash-more-realistically, I'll gladly not do laundry myself out of respect for your poor eye.