Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Part 1


In the morning, I woke up, started our 3 lb turkey breast brining, and wrote for a little while.  When Ben woke up, he worked on baking the apple pie (notice the B + J?  we're cute.) and I sat at the edge of the kitchen writing papers and reading him recipes.  Then we made the best stuffing ever (made with chicken sausage instead of real sausage 'cause I don't eat piggies), working on the paper every time I could let things cook themselves for a few minutes.
When that was done, we ate our first course (chicken soup I made a few days ago, and peanut butter and jelly).  I wrote and Ben printed articles for a couple hours, then we put the turkey breast in the oven. 
About an hour and a half later, I put the stuffing and mashed potatoes (store bought) in the oven and dropped some pine nuts, almonds, and frozen string beans into a pan, which worked out beautifully.

In the 10 post turkey roasting minutes, we popped some Pillsbury rolls in the oven, I made some mushroom gravy, we put our two cans of cranberry sauce in two separate bowls (I like berries. Ben likes no berries.)....

No comments: