Wednesday, June 3, 2009

So, when I arrived at my mom's house on Sunday, this bowl of wasabi peas was almost completely full. By the end of that day, it was somewhat depleted. By the end of Monday, since the bowl was right at the table where I was trying to get work done, it was more depleted. When I woke up on Tuesday, it had changed tables, but was still in the same room, so I continued to enjoy, though a little more slowly. When I woke up today, it had moved to a different room. I thought to myself, "Do these peas really think that just by changing rooms they're going to keep me from eating them?" Well, it turned out to work pretty well if that was their goal. I went out of my way to eat them in the next room over once or twice, but definitely not at the same rate I had been. I somehow didn't feel as if it was within my power to move the bowl back where it had been before. I've been outsmarted by a bowl of wasabi peas!!!!

No comments: