Friday, October 17, 2008


So I just remembered and harassed R for this picture... it was a long time ago, but after paying the parking ticket I got for visiting her (she's worth the $50), I remembered that I had never posted this!!!  So....  since I was away from Ben during autumn, I thought it should be POMEGRANATE TIME!!!  As many of you know, he's very afraid of pomegranates and I love them and can't ever have them in our house.  To him, pomegranates = alien pods... Anyway, the pomegranate was lovely and the visit was lovely.

Now, since I'm posting this now, November 15, almost a month later, I have another story to tag on.  At our food meeting for the wedding, we got into a discussion about the fruit platter, and I teased Ben about his fear of pomegranates.  I didn't really think that there was any chance that they would put pomegranates on a food platter, but I said something like "no pomegranates" and then we had to explain why.  Of course, the answer was, "Oh. That's good information to have.  We usually wouldn't do pomegranates, but it will be fall, and so it's a good thing to note that you don't want any pomegranates."  Then we watched him write down "NO POMEGRANATES."  So, at the wedding, we were walking around to different tables to say hi and noticed that one of our guests had a half a pomegranate on her plate sliced right down the middle, so you could see all the "alien pods."  I was shocked, and really kind of thought that she had brought it or something to be celebratory. (I dunno. We know intersting people.)  I said something like, "Oh my goodness! Where did that pomegranate come from?"  and was soon informed that they were all over the fruit display and that it was quite lovely.  Since we had spent cocktail hour with the wedding party in the bridal suite, we hadn't seen it.  But then I looked to see that, there were, in fact, open pomegranates everywhere on the fruit display.  I suppose that someone read the notes and read "POMEGRANATES" instead of "NO POMEGRANATES."  It's really quite hilarious to think about the fact that there were pomegranates (a fruit that Ben won't even go near in the supermarket, even when they're not open) at our wedding!  I really hope that someone got pictures of them, because THAT'S something I want to remember.  Oh, also, Ben thought it was funny too. Not traumatized.  At least not visibly.  

No comments: