Monday, March 9, 2009


Today, I took a break before writing the final paragraph of my paper so that we could go to a "social" for my department. It was a handful of people at Red Hook Brewery, so we got dinner and I got a small stout and Ben got a big one. About 2/3 of my way into my beer, Ben informed me that he didn't have his wallet with him, and so, I would have to drive home. He took the rest of my beer and poured it into his glass. So, dear readers, you should know that my wonderful husband LIED to me. He didn't even hide it well. He took out his wallet to show me his weird new credit card and I DID NOT EVEN NOTICE. But I drove home, and he acted so giddy the whole drive home that I was convinced he was a little tipsy, but when I look back at it now, I think he just must have been reacting out of his mirth that I had not discovered his lie. Of course, as soon as we got home, he showed me his wallet and laughed at me for having believed him. All I have to say is hmph! :-P

No comments: