Friday, February 6, 2009

LEFTOVERS!!!

The french onion soup turned out surprisingly excellent.  It also sparked an idea for a future "French Food" party with french toast, french fries... what else?

I REALLY meant to get a picture of this before it was mostly eaten.  Broccoli soup in a bread bowl.  It took me several tries before I made fairly successful sourdoughish bread bowls, and I ended up only making 3 that were perfect, so we didn't serve them to guests, except for one with dip in it.  The three that did come out perfect were really pretty perfect.  Supercrusty and all!  My favorite part of the process was probably the day I came home to the starter I was working on that I had added a bunch of vinegar to that morning.  I opened the ziplock bag to empty the gases that had built up, but I opened it directly in my face and was INTENSE.  It actually burned!!!  But it was funny even at the time.  


No comments: